June 26, 2008

Here it comes.....!

The weekend is fast approaching, my friends, and I've got a busy one coming up!

Tonight I'm hanging out with the ol' Thursday night crew, and again on Friday, and again on Saturday. What? That's crazy! I know.
This Thursday isn't much different from any other Thursday night. We're hanging out because it's what we do; we're creatures of habit and it keeps us balanced and secure.
Tomorrow is Shane's birthday partay, and Saturday is a mini going-away party for the Vimonts--the leaders, the core, the birth-parents of this little Thursday night group. We're going to have to figure something out once they leave and Thursday nights have to change forever, but let's not talk about that. I have until July 15th, and if I think about it too much I crawl into a corner, cry silently and suck on my hair.

One of the best things about tonight is the fact that we are going to watch episodes of Arrested Development.
Have you heard of this show? I think it started back in 2003 and was on Fox. Then, after 3 short seasons, for no good reason (actually I just don't know), the show was dropped. And the world revolted.
I actually never watched it while it was on TV, but recently I've had several friends tell me I just HAD to watch it.
So I did.
And I think it is the MOST hilarious show I have EVER watched in my lifetime. I'm not joking.
Sure it's twisted and offensive and kind of wrong sometimes...but never, and I mean never have I laughed so hard at a show. Not even The Office.
There have been times when I've had to pause the show because I was laughing so hard and loud I couldn't hear it. And other times I've had to pause it because I was crying from laughing so hard and couldn't see.

Anyway, my other friends that watch the show and I have been debating lately which show is funnier: The Office or Arrested Development.
Tomorrow night we're having a Show Showdown. We're going to be watching episodes from both sitcoms and judging which show is really the funniest. How will we know? Well, the Laugh-o-Meter of course!
I consider myself an authority on all things funny, and it really SHOULD be enough for them all--that when I say Arrested Development is funnier than The Office, that means it is. But I'll let them do their little experiments, and when it's all said and done they'll turn to me and say, "Oh Karen. You were right all along. How could we have doubted you?"
And I'll say, "You are forgiven, go and laugh at unfunny things no more."

But really, isn't comedy kind of subjective? Or is there a rule to it?

1 comment:

  1. well, now i feel that i must go watch this show. great. thanks karen. you're fired.

    ReplyDelete