January 19, 2009

Music I Love

Hello my loverly readers.
I was thinking this afternoon of the music that I love.

*Pause*
I just realized that the fun new toy the puppies are playing tug-of-war with is one of the socks I laid out to wear tomorrow...hmm.

Anyhow. I was inspired to create a post about a few songs/artists that are catching my fancy these days. Perhaps I should label this post "Music I'm Infatuated With." That doesn't sound as nice, does it?
I really wish I had some musical talent. My friend Amy would be mad at me for saying that. She's a strong believer in "practice, practice, practice." Sure, she'll admit that there are a few people out there that are just plain good at stuff. But most of us, she'll tell you, can't be good at anything without practice. Makes sense. Where was I?
Right, music I love. Well here you are:

1. Let's talk about my musical soul mate. His name is John Mayer. It's really not as bad as it sounds. I started loving John Mayer right around the time I met Daniel, when I was running through the halls of my high school.
He hasn't come out with a "new" album in a long time, but he recently released Where the Light Is; John Mayer Live in Los Angeles

I've fallen in love with this album...particularly two tracks:
In your Atmosphere and Free Fallin'.
The last thirty seconds of In Your Atmosphere has changed my life forever. I'm better because of it.

2. While we're on the subject of music, let's also discuss The Wailin' Jennys. It's three girls, a couple guitars, maybe a fiddle here and there, and some amazing, bluegrassy harmonizing. No...not the Dixie Chicks. Better.
Their album Firecracker makes me feel optimistic about the future. Particularly the tracks Long Time Traveller and Prairie Town. If you like a little Nickel Creek crossed with Allison Krauss you'll probably enjoy a tune or two of these girls. They're good. Real good.




3. Speaking of great music, I can't leave out Mr. Jon Foreman. Some of you may recognize Jon Foreman as the lead singer of Switchfoot. I've been enjoying some of his solo work these days. I encourage you to give his four EPs Fall, Winter, Spring & Summer a good listen.
I especially encourage you to listen to these three wonderful songs:
The Cure For the Pain
Your Love is Strong (
this is my favorite of my favorites)
The House of God, Forever

So there it is. The music I'm listening to non-stop. I'll make myself sick of it pretty soon, but I like to experience things full force. Seriously. I've been listening to In Your Atmosphere so much that I think I might go crazy...it's just that good.

It's super cold in my house. Daniel and I haven't been running our heater (c'mon! It's only 38 degrees outside!). I am so turning into my parents.




3 comments:

  1. Can't wait for time to check into these. I just came off of a time of listening to Bob Schneiders 40 Dogs at least once a day. I'm excited to hear what you're in to now. I know I'll like it.
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for time to check into these. I just came off of a time of listening to Bob Schneiders 40 Dogs at least once a day. I'm excited to hear what you're in to now. I know I'll like it.
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this jon foreman album. The graphic design on the wailin' jennys is awesome. I can't wait to listen.

    ReplyDelete