July 23, 2010

Traginas. Every Time.

I'm pretty happy that it's Friday.

Daniel and I watched Gentlemen Broncos last night. Daniel described it as "Perfect."

I...

I am without words. It probably ranks in the top 3 of my "strangest non-foreign movies I've ever seen."
I don't even...I have no idea. So...weird...
The kind of weird that is too weird to laugh at. You just sit there, with a furrowed brow and a confused smirk on your face. Am I missing something here?
I'd say it seemed like the filmmakers were high on something, but they're Mormons. So that theory is out.
Instead of weird, one might call it awkward. The whole movie was awkward. But now that I think about it, Napoleon Dynamite and Nacho Libre were pretty awkward. The first time I watched Napoleon I remember sitting in the theater with that familiar, confused smirk on my face. What the heck was that?

Jemaine Clement from Flight of the Conchords was pretty stellar in the movie. He plays a famous Sci-Fi writer named Ronald Chevalier (make sure you pronounce it shev-al-ee-ay) whose lost his touch, and his publishers are threatening to drop him if he doesn't provide them with a decent story.
There's one scene in the movie that was, without a doubt, utterly hilarious. It involves Chevalier, an aspiring young Sci-Fi writer, and troll names.
There were several scenes in the movie that made me cringe - one involves a very strange hand massage, and one involves vomit and kissing. Yeah. Sick.

Since I wrote the above something has happened that may change things.

Daniel called me and we started quoting lines from the aforementioned awkward movie, and we were cracking ourselves up.

Why are those movies like that?

I'm going to let this marinate for a little while.

In other news...

Last night Daniel and I also had dinner with some friends (I am so thankful we didn't watch that movie with friends), and dinner was so delicious.
They grilled burgers for dinner, but these were special burgers.
All it took was a thin patty of ground beef, a mixture of cream cheese and jalapenos, and another thin patty of ground beef, sandwiched together and grilled. Voila: special hamburgers.

Yum.

Also, these friends of ours had a baby in March. So I spent half of the night holding a soft, sweet baby girl. Ahhh, Heaven.

1 comment:

  1. Similarly to Dynamite I was cracking up the entire time.

    ReplyDelete