April 8, 2008

Hook, Line and Sinker

Last night I had to run over to the mall to replenish my Bare Minerals makeup at Sephora. As usual, I parked outside of Dillards and survived my way through the makeup and perfume section without incident.
One the way back, though, that's a different story.
The lady at the Estee Lauder counter flagged me down, sat me in her chair, and started poking at my face. After a couple of minutes of poking she got this expression on her face that made me think, "Oh no...what's the matter with me?" She revealed that I was in need of some pore-minimizing moisturizer, stat!
This is my problem: you know, all of those women are foreigners. I don't know why it is that people from Europe are coming over to work in American department stores, but the do. That is a fact. When I come across these people and they start using all their sales tactics on me, I can totally see through it. The thing is, I start to imagine that they have some young ones back at home dreaming of coming to America, and their voyage is all dependent on how many sales mama can make at the Estee Lauder counter in Dillards.
This woman was no different.

On the bright side, she threw in a ton of free stuff on the side!

1 comment:

  1. OH my gosh! thats SO funny! you just made me laugh in class, and im pretty sure everyone thinks im an idiot now. thanks.

    ReplyDelete