May 21, 2008

Sitting in Starbucks on a laptop

At least, I wish that's where I was right now.
I also wish that you didn't have to PAY to use wifi in Starbucks. What the heck is up with that? I get free wifi in McDonalds, yet if I want to be one of those glasses-wearing intellectuals typing away on their laptop in Starbucks I have to whip out the credit card. This irks me.
On top of that, I'd also need to drop a couple grand on a Mac Book so I could really fit the part.
I guess I'll just have to find a new coffee shop where people without glasses and mac books surf the internet for free on their IBM think pads.
So I wish I was at Mozart's on my think pad, sitting in cool air-conditioning, sipping my mocha (with whip, please!), staring across Lady Bird Lake at those ugly black birds that act like ducks.

Alas, I'm at work. And here I'll stay. For another 3 hours.

Have I mentioned how hot it is here? It's nearly boiling and I love it. I'll probably get really fed up with the heat, like, tomorrow. But today I like stepping out of the bank into the blinding sun and the heat stinging my nostrils. When you sit under flourescent lights all day with clammy hands, it really makes you feel alive!
I wish summer still meant something.

I cleaned the apartment last night! I should have taken a picture, so the moment of cleanliness could have been captured for posterity. But I didn't think about it. And it may never happen again.
Guess what Daniel did while I scrubbed and vacuumed and swept and wiped?
He built me a row boat to buzz around Lady Bird Lake this weekend!
Actually he snoozed on the couch.
(Every time I've said Lady Bird Lake, though you may not know it, I've done so with mockery. I have nothing against Lady. I just am not crazy about her name being on LAKE AUSTIN. I'm sure she deserves it, I just don't like it. In fact, I think it's retarded.)

If I weren't at work today, besides sitting at Moazart's blogging and stalking people on facebook, I would be taking pictures. This weekend I'd like to take pictures. On Monday, Memorial Day, I'd like to take pictures. And maybe play with photoshop. And maybe see Indiana Jones. Because I have a crush on Harrison Ford. Did I just say that?

I'm reading a corny, "Christian," romantic novel for the third time. And I hate myself for it, but I can't stop. I'm already 3/4 of the way through the second book. I started reading it yesterday.

Boys and girls, it's only Wednesday and my mind is gone. Gone, gone, gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment