September 29, 2008

Confessions

Well, not really.

Today has been a whirlwind! Most jobs I've had in my life I was such an insignificant employee that leaving for a week was no biggie. Here, I'd like to think I'm a little more valuable. Because I had about 8,000 things to do this morning. It's all good though. I like my job.

Everything is in a state of chaos right now because of the show coming up this weekend. I found out this afternoon that I've been selected to work the main stage, so I will be smack dab in the middle of all the action. I'm so excited!
Gina (who I've told you about) is who I'll be working with, so it should be fun and really interesting.

Although I had almost every day off last week, I felt a little worn out heading into this week. It was a satisfied, happy worn out. But bittersweet. It is always hard to say goodbye to my family! I take comfort in the fact that God is good and gracious to us--I've already seen my family much more than I thought I would this time last year (can you believe it's been a year?!).

I'm thankful (once again) for the great friends that surround Daniel and me. We are understanding the meaning and value of community in Christ's Body, and what an encouragement it is to us! Through my friendships I am being sharpened and taught.

It is such a joy to gather with friends and feast, drink, discuss, share, play, and laugh together. One afternoon we'll be playing frisbee golf, that evening we'll sit at Central Market with wine and cheese while listening to live music, or watch The Office together, or study the Scriptures, or make homemade pizza together.

And what's even better: the more the merrier. We are all eager and joyful to add friends to the fun. I think C.S. Lewis once said that was the sign of a truly good friendship...maybe? It makes me think of Philippians 2:

If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from
his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion,
then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one
in spirit and purpose
. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but
in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not
only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.

It is my hope and prayer that God continues to grow these friendships and this community, and that we would all be filled with His love and encouragement for one another!

As iron sharpens iron,
so one man sharpens another.

Proverbs 27:17


Ruthlessly stolen from Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment