September 5, 2008

(A) Good Friday



Happy Friday, my dear friends!



Last night my Thursday night friends paid a visit to First Thursday on South Congress. We had a great time being outdoors, walking around shops and checking out the vendors. Later in the evening we ate dinner at Guero's which I really did not enjoy. In fact, I hope I never eat there again!

The company was marvelous. Josh and Amy, Shane, Zach, Lynsey, Annie, Foster, and The Koplins all made an appearance.

Daniel has been feeling inspired after reading my dad's latest "Lundgaard Prayer Letter." He seems to have been touched by the idea of living in close, Christian community. In many ways I've felt like we can relate to that with our current friendships and relationships. There is a close-knit system of love and support and we are eager to welcome more people into our community. It's almost crazy how much time we all spend together!

We bombard the Koplins at least twice a week. They have such a great "party house" :) And we all just love them so much. Great people!

Tonight "the girls" are getting together for an evening of dining, dessert, and shopping. Should be a lot of fun and I'm really looking forward to it.

On a political note: I thought McCain said a lot of great things in his speech. I particularly agreed with what he had to say about schools. The government isn't doing anyone any good by throwing more taxpayer money at failing schools. The whole system needs a serious facelift, and Americans must have the freedom to choose what kind of schooling they want for their children. It is utterly ridiculous that Obama includes "good education" in his list of things that Americans need the government to provide for them.

I have to gush about my new job for a minute. I just love it. Last night I stayed an hour late finishing up a project, and I told Robyn last night, I'm enjoying the responsibility of dead lines and the accomplishment I feel when I meet those deadlines. And I love that people can hand work to me and trust that it will get done. I get most of the "overflow" work from all different departments, with projects and reports to complete for purchasing, sales, franchise development, etc. and I like the experience and knowledge that this work provides.

The people I work with are hard workers with great attitudes (for the most part) and it's obvious that they all feed off of each other. Yesterday was by far my most difficult day so far, but it wasn't a bad day. Challenges and difficulties come with any kind of work, and a little stress here and there can be great!

Folks, today is a great day. The air is dry and breezy and the temperature is mild (well, for Austin), and it's FRIDAY!!

2 comments:

  1. Your so sweet. We love having you all over! Happy Friday to you too and sorry I will have to miss tonights activities. I will try to make the next girls night out. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your so sweet. We love having you all over! Happy Friday to you too and sorry I will have to miss tonights activities. I will try to make the next girls night out. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete