September 18, 2008

Uplifted

That's how I feel today.

I can't really put a finger on why. Perhaps it's because it is Thursday, which means we have our Church history study tonight at Shane's place. Perhaps it's because of this nice, cool weather. Perhaps it's because we are oh-so-close to the weekend, and I'll be seeing my parents in just a few days. I'm not really sure, but I feel content this morning.
I have a nice pile of tedious work on my desk that I'm looking forward to address. We are hustling and bustling around getting ready for a "hair show." I'm not sure exactly what that is, but I'm assured by many that I will just love it.
It's true, I'm sort of a hair/make-up product junkie. Or I would be if I could afford it. And I'm told I'll be receiving all sorts of gift bags and freebies at this thing. Huzzah!
Last week I had a fellow employee hand me a box full of goodies from Matrix and Farouk, just "free." I was happy. And I have fancy shampoo and conditioner for, like, the next 3 months at least.
I know, you're very excited for me.

For the past week I've been trying to go to Alamo Drafthouse, drink a margarita, and see the latest Coen Bros. flick, Burn After Reading but each time my plans fall through. Maybe this weekend it will work out.

I have no clever quips for you today as I'm a little braindead.

2 comments:

  1. um. yeah. i would take all the free stuff very willingly too!

    quips. good word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So - where do you work that you would score all this free stuff?

    ReplyDelete