January 8, 2009

A Quiet Moment

It is our last evening at the in-laws. Tomorrow Daniel has rented a moving truck, gathered a bunch of strapping young men, and will be moving our belongings from storage into our new digs.
Sweet.
I hope to take some pictures of the house in progress of being moved in to. It's everything we wanted! Daniel and I were just saying this morning that we couldn't be happier. It is in exactly the area we'd hoped and fits our criteria in every way, including price. I'm so, so excited.

I was considering writing about some rather sad and startling recent events, but I'm still pondering these things. Perhaps I will write these thoughts one day soon. But for now they'll remain in my mind.
I'm thankful for the rest I find as I trust in the Lord and his sovereignty, even when we find ourselves in valleys. Love and faith draw his people together, and what a great witness this is!

I leave you with this:

2 comments:

  1. Isn't this the cutest picture!?! I loved Nicholas' comment on it on Flickr. He sure gets nice shots of Henrik. Praise the Lord for providing a nice place for you to live. May He use your new place for wonderful things!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new house! Hope it will be filled with love and grace. We went to the service last night. Wow. It was amazing. Jim and Gloria say, "hi." We spent a long time talking with them afterwards.

    ReplyDelete