May 25, 2010

Morning Musings

Ethan, my brother, sometimes I make faces in the mirror and I remind myself of you. So,  I think we must be related. You are better at making faces than I, however.

I like to talk about music from time to time. I have a tendency to over-listen to songs that I like, and I listen to them so many times that I have to take a break from the song.
Here are the songs I am over-listening to right now:

I Dreamed a Dream (from Les Mis.) performed by the Glee Cast.
Yes, I watch Glee. I know. The story lines are so cheesy. But the music, people. The music.



The High Road by Broken Bells


New Slang by The Shins


Sweet Disposition by Temper Trap


Have no doubt though, Paul Simon, Phoenix and Vampire Weekend are still heavily featured on my playlist.

I didn't spend any time on pictures last night, but they are coming soon. I went to the grocery store so that we could eat. That's important, right? Currently I have a slight obsession with Clementine Oranges. They are just so cute and sweet.
I came home and made Nie Nie's Mexican Lasagna. I was a little skeptical about all the spinach, but it added a wonderful flavor. And so healthy! I added some ground beef for Daniel's sake. He needs his meat.
Here's Nie's picture. Mine looked really yummy too :)


It was yummy.

I also bought the ingredients for this delectable-looking dish:


I heart food!

2 comments:

  1. I just got the Vampire Weekend CD, and I have been listening to Sweet Disposition for a few weeks now. You're right, we must be related!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your taste in music!
    And I also bookmarked that zucchini recipe- thanks for posting it. We have some zucchini growing, and I have been warned that there will be "more every day than you know what to do with", so I've got a file folder of recipes called "Zucchini" on my computer.

    Oh- I forgot to ask you. Did you read French Women For All Seasons?
    I liked the first book and found the second one at my library as well, so I'm going through it.
    Thanks again for recommending!

    ReplyDelete