June 29, 2010

sometimes, I cook

I rarely have the urge to put together a meal for the evening because, well, I eat by myself every night.
I am married to an extremely hard-working man whose job is a tad on the busy side these days.
He makes me feel so proud.
The negatives are a.) I don't see him as often as I'd like and b.) He's rarely home in time for dinner. Unless I wanted to be more European and eat at bedtime. But that's when I go to bed.

Lately I've been thinking, You know, I would like to cook.
And so I decided to cook.

Even though I eat alone.

Except for Kingsley and Fletcher. They sit and stare at me while I eat.

So last night I made this.

I have a thing for chicken. And mushrooms. And garlic. And white wine.
And terragon.
Oh, terragon how I love thee.

It was quite simple and muy delicioso.

Right now there are four flattened chicken breasts soaking in the flavors of tequila, lime, garlic, cilantro, and jalapeno. And when I get home, they will be transformed into this:



Thanks again, PW.

I'll let you know how it goes :)

1 comment: