November 25, 2009

Peace to You

I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted here. I have actually written two or three posts since July, but they were only partial and very uninspired. So I scrapped them. (As a side note, I just typoed [making up words here] "crapped" instead of "scrapped." Ha ha. Ho ho. He he.)
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I, for the first time in years, have taken the day after Thanksgiving off from work. This is a very big deal for me. Also a big deal: this year the holidays are approaching as quickly as ever, and as the days pass I am full of peace and joy. I think it may be due to the fact that I am actually taking time off from work. The knowledge that I have a stretch of days before me that I will have time to sit and rest, feast, play, celebrate, and love without the interruption of work fills me with excitement!
In December Daniel and I are going on my first ski trip ever with his family in Pagosa Springs, CO. I am so excited to play in the snow. Several days ago Daniel's mother was describing to me their struggles with traversing through snow storms during past trips. I can't even imagine that much snow! What does a snow storm look like?
For some reason the mention of snow storms makes me think of the early scenes in The Empire Strikes Back. That snow beast/whatever the heck it was really scared me as a child. Absolutely terrified me.
But I will not let my fears of snow-space-alien-abominable-snowmen keep me from enjoying the snowy mountains of Colorado.
I will most definitely be documenting the trip with pictures. There will be evidence that I saw snow, and made a snow angel, and wore skis. I don't know yet whether or not I will actually be able to ski. I'll get back to you on that one.
Apparently Pagosa Springs is a neat little town in Colorado, so one evening Daniel and I will slip away for a fancy dinner in town to celebrate our THREE YEAR anniversary.
I can't believe we have been married three years! They have been a few great years, and only getting better. You know, like a fine wine.
And he's stuck with me for-ev-er! Mwahahaha!

I don't think anyone is actually reading this blog anymore, but I hope today you are enjoying the holiday preparations, and I pray that your Thanksgiving celebrations are filled with joy and gratitude to our Great Heavenly Father for His innumerable blessings. And I pray that He gives you the patience to endure my long, long sentences that don't make much sense.
If you are reading this, you are probably (maybe) someone very special to me--and I am thankful for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment