June 24, 2010

Best Kind of Busy

As you may have noticed, if you still hang around these parts, updating the blog has taken a backseat in the life of this blogger. I haven't even had time to visit my favorite blogs and leave silly comments!
I'm not too bothered by it, though. While I've not been blogging, I've been spending time with my family. My family that lives overseas in the far away land of Slovakia, shining the light of Christ through lives of service and love. Though I absolutely, without a doubt, fully and happily support this great work they've been called to, my-oh-my do I miss them. Last week was pure heaven for me. My entire family was under one roof, inhabiting my house and bringing joy to my heart!
My brothers are becoming men more and more each time I see them. I'm so impressed with their maturity and kindness--and the fact that they are hovering over 6' now. It further confirms to me the grace of God in the lives of my family. My parents have taught us the meaning of seeking to know and serve the Lord.
By now my dad is back in Slovakia, my mom and brothers are still here. Last night my brothers and I ate dinner at Galaxy Cafe, consumed a massive amount of frozen yogurt, rocked out to music in the car, and laughed a lot. Next weekend my mom will be back in Austin and I can hardly wait. They may look to you like an ordinary family (well, maybe not), but underneath that normal exterior (ha) they are the best, most wonderful people currently living. And I am just lucky to be related to them. I think sometimes their fantastic-ness rubs off on me. I hope.
I have some fun pictures on my camera, but when I go home and my brothers are there I can't bear to sit at the computer and upload pictures. Soon enough, though it pains me to think of it, they'll be gone and there will be time for all of that. I might also roam aimlessly around the empty house and walk through the rooms where they stayed. I might be a little melodramatic. I might cry. I might have done all that already when they left on Sunday afternoon. Possibly.
I hate saying goodbye.

But we're not going to talk about that right now.
Right now, I'll tell you that my presence around here might continue to be scarce for a couple of weeks as I soak up as many precious moments with my favorite people on earth as I can.

Right now, I'll also tell you that I'm listening to the Jon Foreman station on Pandora every day and loving it.
Right now I'm thinking about the fruits of the Spirit, and praying that today the fruit that my life brings forth is a witness to the hope I have in Christ. A witness that my Source of life is the Spirit.
Love. Joy. Peace. Patience. Kindness. Goodness. Faithfulness. Gentleness. Self-Control.

1 comment:

  1. You go girl, with your Jon Foreman station! He is such a good songwriter and artist, who actually puts thought and effort into writing. Love that. And I admire the fact that you're not freaking out about fewer blog posts. Life comes after blogging- as it should be! Good for you :)

    ReplyDelete